Models: CFS-3, CFS-10, CFS-25, CFS-50, CFS-100, CFS-150 PPD
Highly effective biocide
- bacteria (aerobic & anaerobic)
- No formation of chlorinated organic by-products.
- Oxidizes many organic and sulphurous components that cause off-tastes and odors.
- pH neutral / 99.5% pure.
- Adjustable up to 3000ppm down to 200ppm.
- CFS Generators generate pure chlorine dioxide with one precursor, 31-25% sodium chlorite solution. CFS design separates pure chlorine dioxide from the unreacted precursor. Patented E-Chem cell provides a leak free operation for many years. Self-contained chlorine dioxide tank can be used to deliver solution against 150 psi pressure. The generators are simple to operate using a Red Lion operator interface. It can be operated locally or remotely. Red lion built in web server allows CFS technician to trouble shoot generator remotely saving service cost to customers.
NAClO2 + H2O → ClO2 + NaOH + 1/2 H2 ClO2 CHEMISTRY APPLICATIONS:
- To control the growth of biofilm
- To control legionella bacteria
- To increase heat exchanger efficiency in cooling towers
- Iron & Manganese Reduction
- Taste and Odor Control
- TOC reduction
- EPA & OSHA compliance
- Nox reduction
Capacity: CFS-3, 10, 25, 50, 100, and 150 will produce respectively 3, 10, 25, 50, 100, and 150 PPD Feed chemical usage: 7-8 lbs of 25% -31% sodium chlorite per one lb of chlorine dioxide
By products: 10% to 20% sodium hydroxide(caustic), Hydrogen gas diluted below safe level. E-Chem cells: 3, 10, 25, and 50 lb cells are used depending upon the model of the generator.
Minimum water usage: To deliver 3000 ppm chlorine dioxide solution for 24 hours, CFS-3,10,25, 50, 100, and 150 will respectively use 130, 430, 1078, 2156, 4312, 6468 GPD
Chlorine dioxide delivery: Comes with one installed pump capable of delivering solution up to 150 psi with an option to install 3 additional pumps.
Chlorine dioxide Concentration: Capable of delivering up to 3000 ppm. Lower concentration can be achieved by adjusting DC current and/or incoming water to solution tank.
PLC and OIT: Allen Bradley micro logix PLC with a Red Lion Touch screen.
Remote Start/Stop: Customer installed external dry contacts for the generator and the pumps.
Flow pace: Can be set up to match an optional external flow that measures customer water flow ORP control or chlorine dioxide sensor can be installed to maintain a
fixed ppm at the customer treatment facility.
Gas sensor: Optional General Monitor chlorine dioxde gas sensor installed for leak detection DCS control : Optional upgrade to software to accommodate Modbus communications
Low gas/Air flow: Generators shuts down upon sensing continued air flow to gas strip column. Low anolyte Flow: Generator shut down due to low anolyte flow through the cell.
Low RO water pressure: Generator shut down due to low flow or no flow through the cell. Low dilution water: Generator shut down due to low flow.
Low/High level in solution Tank Generator will not produce chlorine dioxide if the solution tank senses a preset low level or high level
Hydrogen blower failure: Generator shut down upon sensing a loss of hydrogen dilution with air. Cell high temperature: Generator shut down due to cell temperature above a set point.
Low or High current: Generator shut down due to either very low or high currents.
Permissive Interlocks: Generator can be shut down due to an external event like gas leak or a pipe rupture.
VFD interlocks: Pumps can be shut down based on a blockage in the line using a preset pressure gauge sensor or high current at the pump motor.
DIMENSIONS: Depends on the generator. CFS-10 dimensions are 80”H x 30”W x 30” D WEIGHT: Depends on the generator. CFS-10 weighs about 600 Lb
CABINET: Gray PVC reinforced with a powder coated steel frame
ELECTRICAL ENCLOSURE: PVC cabinet
UTILITY CONNECTIONS FOR A TYPICAL CFS-10:
AC POWER: 208/230 V single phase (with neutral), 30 A, 4 wire connection INLET CONNECTIONS: City water (1/2” FPT), and Feed Chemical ( 1/2” FPT)
OUTLET CONNECTIONS: RO waste(1/2” FPT), Solution Tank Drain( 1/2” FPT), Anolyte effluent(1” FPT), Catholyte Effluent(1/2” FPT), Distribution Pump Outlet (1/2” FPT), Hydrogen Vent( 1.5” PVC pipe), ClO2 Vent (1” PVC pipe)